CSI – message about COVID-19
With the news being dominated by COVID-19, many people have asked if the current situation will impact the CueSports International Expo currently underway in Las Vegas which includes the BCA Pool League World Championships, USA Pool League National Championships, Diamond Las Vegas Open & Predator World 10-Ball Championship.
The event began as scheduled on Wednesday, March 11, our members are enjoying the competition and there are no plans to cancel anything. CSI and the Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino have no reason to believe anyone at the venue is at risk and the only U.S. travel restrictions currently in place are those from China, Iran, South Korea and Europe.
The safety and well-being of our customers and staff are our priority and we have been coordinating closely with the Rio and Caesars Entertainment. Although the threat in the U.S. remains extremely low, out of an abundance of caution, the following precautionary measures have been taking place since the start of the event to help prevent the spread of any illnesses.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the Rio Conference Center.
- Hard surfaces are being cleaned with antibacterial/antiviral sprays at end of each conference day.
- Pool tables are being cleaned frequently.
- The concession stands and registration desks are being cleaned with antibacterial/antiviral sprays every hour.
- Serving utensils such as ladles, tongs, and spatulas are being changed frequently.
- Public and employee restrooms are being continuously inspected for cleanliness, that all soap dispensers are full and working properly and that all faucets have hot and cold water.
- Portable hand-washing and sanitizer stations have been placed at all bars.
- Unwrapped utensils are no longer being used and have been replaced with wrapped cutlery kits.
- Condiment pumps have been replaced with individual condiment packets (i.e. ketchup, mustard, etc.).
- Coffee creamer canisters have been replaced with individual coffee creamer cups.
- Fruits in which the edible parts must be handled, such as apples, have been removed from the whole fruit selection.
- All attendees are encouraged to practice good hygiene, frequent hand-washing and liberal use of hand sanitizer.
- Participants are encouraged to not be offended if an opponent prefers to not shake hands. It should not be viewed as poor sportsmanship given the current concerns.
- All employees are being reminded during pre-shift meetings about the requirement to wash their hands frequently and for a minimum of 20 seconds under hot water.
- Employees who feel ill are required to stay home until they are free of illness.
- We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure we do our part to keep everyone safe.
We understand that many are concerned about COVID-19 and we encourage everyone do what they believe is best for them. However, the CueSports International Expo will continue as planned and we are confident that you will have a safe and enjoyable event. We look forward to seeing you in beautiful Las Vegas for The Greatest Pool Experience in the World.