WPA Player License Agreement
This is an Agreement between the World Pool-Billiard Association (hereinafter referred to as the WPA) and the player whose name and signature appears on this document and is valid until the 31st December of the year in which it was signed, or for any other period specified. Either party may cancel this License at any time but it will be at the sole discretion of the WPA if a player who has cancelled a License will be permitted to another Agreement within twelve months of the date of cancellation.
It is a requirement that players become or maintain their membership of their National organization within the WPA structure, as this Agreement does not replace that, nor offer the benefits, rewards and any entitlements that the player currently receives. There are no changes to the allocation and selection processes for players wishing to participate in all WPA events.
I accept that under the conditions of this License, I will not participate in any pool event that is not sanctioned by the WPA if the conditions of the event meet the WPA sanctioning criteria as described in the WPA Sanctioning Catalogue that is available on the WPA website,
www.wpapool.com without the express written permission from the WPA. Further, I am aware that if I participate in any international pool event purporting to be a world championship or connotations of it being a world championship my License will be cancelled immediately.
I agree that as a participant of a WPA event I am expected to attend pre-scheduled tournament Player Meetings. I understand that these meetings are mandatory for all players, and my nonattendance may result with being excluded from the event. I understand that the organizer reserves the right to determine whether an absence is excused based upon circumstances beyond my control, e.g. airline rescheduling, medical emergency, etc., and the organizer may request a penalty to be applied to a player for non-attendance. I understand that the WPA will support such requests. I understand that I need to make all reasonable attempts to contact the organizer prior to the meeting if I am not able to attend.
Publicity Appearances and consent to marketing
I agree, if requested, to make myself available for any press conference, interview, sponsor functions, photo or publicity opportunity to assist during the event, providing the request is not unreasonable. Failure to comply may result in a fine of minimum US $500.
I agree to the WPA using images and video footage of me taken during sanctioned events for marketing and publicity purposes.
Code of Conduct
I agree to abide by the Rules set out in the WPA Code of Conduct. Details of such are available on the WPA website, and includes behaviour, gambling and electronic media. N.B. It is the responsibility of the player to read the Code of Conduct. I understand if I fail to act properly or bring the sport in to disrepute, I will be dealt with in accordance with the penalties set forth in the Disciplinary Catalogue of the WPA Sports Regulations.
Dress Code and Logos
I agree to adhere to a specific dress code if one is issued for an event. If a specific dress code is not given for an event, WPA Dress Code B will apply. I will dress in an appropriate manner and I will not dress in any fashion or wear any logo that could be deemed to be offensive. (Appropriate dress and offensive logos in many cases are geographically specific and I will take this into account when considering these issues) I understand that all logos are to be approved by the WPA Sports Director or Tournament Director, and that I may be required to wear a logo of the tournament sponsor. Refusal to wear such logo could result in my disqualification from the tournament. I agree not to wear a logo of any sponsor that wasn’t declared at least thirty days prior to the commencement of an event without the express approval of the Organizer. National and/or Federation logos are permitted at all times unless specifically stated otherwise.
I agree for the WPA to act in the best interests of players in providing the best possible conditions for events, which include but not limited to, table specifications, playing equipment, lighting, practice facilities and rosters.
I agree to abide by the rules of play as set down by the WPA, including any special rules that may apply to a particular event. I agree that the Tournament Director will have final say in any dispute that may arise.
Prize Money and Taxes
I understand that the WPA will use its best judgment in awarding an event to an organizer, and that it is the organizer of an event who is liable for payment of the advertised prize money, and that neither the WPA nor its officers are liable for any shortfall that may occur.
If my attempt fails to obtain an appropriate tax certificate, I understand that the WPA, if requested by me, will pursue all available avenues to ensure that I will receive a proper tax certificate should tax be withheld from any prize money.
I hereby declare that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage for attending any event to compete, including the time for travel to and from the event. I agree not to hold the organizer responsible for any insurance incident through any accident, medical or travel expense that I may incur.
- I have had an opportunity to review the WCBS Anti-Doping Rules. These can be downloaded from the WCBS website www.worldbilliard.com/AntiDoping.pdf Further Anti-Doping regulations, information and the List of Prohibited Substances can be viewed on the WADA website wada-ama.org
- I consent and agree to comply with and be bound by all of the provisions of the WCBS Anti-Doping Rules, including, but not limited to, all amendments to the Anti-Doping Rules and all International Standards incorporated in the Anti-Doping Rules.
- I consent and agree to the creation of my profile in WADA Doping control Clearing House (ADAMS) and/or any other authorized National Anti-Doping Organizations (NADOS) similar system under WCBS’s agreement for the sharing of information, and to the entry on my doping control and Therapeutic Use Exemption related data in such systems.
- I acknowledge and agree that the WCBS and its member Associations have jurisdiction to impose sanctions as provided in the WCBS Anti-Doping Rules.
- I also acknowledge and agree that any dispute arising out of a decision made pursuant to the WCBS Anti-Doping Rules, after exhaustion of the process expressly provided for in Article 13 of the WCBS Anti-Doping Rules to an appellate body for final and binding arbitration, which in the case of International-Level Athletes is the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- I acknowledge and agree that the decisions of the arbitral appellate body referenced above shall be final and enforceable, and that I will not bring any claim, arbitration, lawsuit or litigation in any other court or tribunal. I acknowledge that all financial costs associated to the disciplinary and arbitration process will be for my own account and I may be required to lodge a security deposit prior to any proceedings.
- I am aware that I may be requested to undergo a drug test at any event that is sanctioned by the WPA, and that I agree to fully comply with such requests.
Prevention of the manipulation of the competition Declaration
- I have had an opportunity to review the IOC Code on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Competitions. These can be downloaded from the IOC website https://stillmed.olympic.org/Documents/Commissions_PDFfiles/Ethics/olympic_movement_code_on_the_prevention_of_the_manipulation_of_competitions-2015-en.pdf.
- I consent and agree to comply with and be bound by all of the provisions of the IOC Code on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Competitions, including, but not limited to, all amendments and all International Standards incorporated in the Code.
- I acknowledge and agree that the IOC and its member Associations have jurisdiction to impose sanctions as provided in the IOC Code on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Competitions.
- I also acknowledge and agree that any dispute arising out of a decision made pursuant to the IOC Code on the Prevention of the Manipulation of Competitions is the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
- I acknowledge and agree that the decisions of the arbitral appellate body referenced above shall be final and enforceable, and that I will not bring any claim, arbitration, lawsuit or litigation in any other court or tribunal.
- I am aware that I may not, by any manner whatsoever, infringe the principle of fair play, show unsporting conduct or attempt to influence the course or result of a competition, or any part thereof, in a manner contrary to sporting ethics.
By signing up as a WPA license holder, I confirm that I have read, understand and agree to the entire contents of this Agreement